Check Aadhar Card Status Online: Have you applied for your aadhar card 3-4 months before and still haven’t received it? Don’t worry, this step-by-step guide below about will help you check Aadhar Card Status and download it if it is processed.
- 0.1 Importance of Aadhar Card
- 0.2 Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status Online
- 0.3 Check Aadhar Card Status By SMS
- 1 How to Update Aadhar Card Status?
- 2 How to Download Aadhar Card?
Importance of Aadhar Card
What is an Aadhar Card?
Aadhar card is a 12 digit unique identification number provided to every Indian citizen by the Government of India. Previously there used to be a very time-consuming process where you need to stand in a line after filling the form for aadhar card. Looking into the advancements in technology and increasing number of aadhar applicants, checking aadhar card status by SMS came into existence.
Nowadays, everything is online, you can directly check aadhar card status online. You just need to fill your details on the official aadhar website and get your aadhar card in minutes. Normally, it takes somewhere around 3-4 months in receiving your aadhar card after filling the form and completing other necessary formalities.
IMPORTANCE OF AN AADHAR CARD
Aadhar card is gaining a lot of importance day by day. Now it is the basic necessity of every Indian citizen. You can’t receive LPG gas subsidy benefits without your aadhar card because government of India is going to transfer the subsidy amount benefits directly to the bank account number linked to your aadhar card.
It is also not possible to get a passport without aadhar card. Having an aadhar card can give you access to DigiLocker, a digital locker where you can store personal documents directly on the goverment’s server.
Aadhar Card is now mandatory for government school students to avail the facility of mid-day meal to eliminate the corruption activites done in food department. Even the mobile telecom operators have made it necessary to hold an aadhar card for using mobile services.
Not only these reasons but also if you are a student then you will not get entry into any examination hall without your Aadhar Card.according to official Patrika (Source).
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status Online
- Go to the official website of Aadhar card.
- Now enter your 14 digit enrollment number to check your Aadhar Card Status Online.
Check Aadhar Card Status By SMS
You also get the facility to check Aadhar Card Status online by just sending a simple text message / SMS from your mobile number.
Follow these steps below to check Aadhar Card Status by SMS:
- Send the message “UID STATUS <14 digit enrollment number>” to 51969 by your mobile number registered with the enrollment form.
- If your Aadhar card would has been processed, then you will receive your 12-digit Aadhar Card number otherwise it will show the current status of your aadhar application.
- Once you have got your aadhar number, you don’t have to wait to receive your Aadhar card.
You can get the step-by-step guide to download aadhar card easily on our website.
How to Update Aadhar Card Status?
This infographic shows the simplest way to update any part of your aadhar card. This awesome infographic is made by AadharCardKendra.org.in
How to Download Aadhar Card?
To download your aadhar card, you can also refer to our aadhar card download guide.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status Without the Internet
There are some rural places in India where people either don’t have the access to Internet or have poor Internet connection. Due to this, they can’t check aadhar card status online. To eradicate this problem, UIDAI has also launched the option of checking aadhar card status without the internet
You can check aadhar status using your mobile and you don’t need an internet connection for this process.
Check Aadhar Status By SMS
You can check your aadhar status by just sending a text message to the official toll-free number of UIDAI. You just have to follow the steps given below to check aadhar status by a text message.
- Open your messaging application on phone.
- Type “UID STATUS<14-digit enrollment number>” without quotes. For example: if your enrollment number is 610984567091298 then type “UID STATUS 610984567091298” without quotes.
- Send the above message to 51969.
- You will receive your aadhar card status details just after sending the message.
Check Aadhar Status By Call
Another method to check aadhar card status is checking via call. Just follow these steps below to see exactly how it is done.
- Open dialer in your mobile phone.
- Dial toll-free number “1800-300-1947″ from your mobile.
- You will be asked for your Enrollment ID.
- The representative will give you the required information about your aadhar and its delivery.
- In case he/she tells you that your aadhar card will be delivered soon, make sure you ask the tracking code of the courier.
We hope you have understood how to check your aadhar card status. In case there is any issue, don’t mind typing your problem in the comments below and we will be happy to help you.
Important Note: We are not affiliated with the official aadhar card website in any manner. We are a community to provide relevant information regarding general public queries related to aadhar card. We never ask you for your aadhar card information or money in any manner. We discourage websites and agencies which ask for money or personal information.